Saturday, February 23, 2013

Angie Kristine Starr has a birthday February 24


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST ANGIE, 
OUR WISH FROM US TO YOU IS TO BE HAPPY!

One of Angie's favorite relatives is her deceased Grandmother Nola Hopkins Starr.  I have included several paragraphs from her autobiography dedicated to Angie.


Nola writes, "I suppose no mother ever read and told more stories to her children than I did to Sandra and Lanny. I loved doing it, even making up some when I ran out of real ones. They used to love it when I inserted their names in places of the names of the real characters in the story. Some of the stories they especially remember even now were: Epanimondus, Little Black Sambo, and the book “Wonder Cave.” I also told them lots of Bible stories from books of bible stories for children. I suppose it was because of this that I received a compliment I never forgot. One day I listened as Lanny and some little friends were talking just outside the front door. The other little boys were bragging on their fathers and all they knew. Since Lanny's dad had been away in the army for over a year and Lanny only being about four years old, I suppose he didn't remember much about his dad's abilities, but not to be left out, I heard him say, 'Well, my mother knows all about God.' He was stretching the truth by a long way, but it thrilled me to think my bible stories had impressed him so."

Angie did a web page a few years ago and I have included a copy of some of it.  The site may no longer be active.
FAMILIES ARE FOREVER


It all started here


I guess you could say, when both my Grandmas and Grandpas fell in love. Such a simple word that has such a great outcome; creating the family that is mine and that I love today. The picture to your right is of my Grandma and Grandpa Starr when they were young and just beginning their lives together. Life and love is short, and they lived it well.

The picture to the left is of them with the family they raised, including my Dad at the bottom far right. Handsome devil isn't he. Shows where I got my looks. Well okay, maybe that is from my Mom, but I inherited my stubbornness from him. What I remember best about these two grandparents of mine is that my Grandpa Starr would hide candy around their house and show us where all the hiding spots were, and tell us not to tell Grandma. My Grandpa was diabetic. Stubbornness gene shown once again. I used to write my Grandma Starr letters frequently when I was young, and I remember how excited I was when she would write back so quickly.


This is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Smith. I remember the long walks that my Grandma used to take. She was in better shape than any of us kids. I loved visiting her, and my favorite memory from when we would visit was when she would water her lawn. She wouldn't just water it like we would at home, but when she irrigated the farm she also included the lawn. The water from the ditch flooded over onto the grass so the grass was covered with water several inches deep.  You could go slipping and sliding and almost go swimming over the whole grass.

We also would sleep outside on the lawn at night, and I remember how clear the sky seemed to me there and how well you could see the stars. I never got to know my Grandpa Smith, because he passed away when my Mom was younger, but I imagine that he could of been some nights looking down from those stars at us. The next picture is the one and only family picture we have that includes Mom's whole family, with my Mom being the girl to the right of the middle. 

GRANDMA IRENE SMITH
This picture is of my Grandma Smith as I remember her, after she raised her family and was now my Grandma.

The next picture is my parents wedding picture.  
The one below that is of them now.



Craig Starr
My Dad has one kid from when he was married before he met my Mom, and his named is Craig. My Mom and Dad had four kids, shown in the other picture below with our names from left to right. I am the youngest.
Stefanie, Richelle, Angie, Gary

LOVE YOU,  MOM AND DAD





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.