Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Signing at Hastings for Richelle's book 9-29-2012

Richelle's book signing

 We were there when Richelle had her book signing at Hasting's and were delighted to see such a good turnout.  We appreciate everybody for coming and sharing with her in this accomplishment. Her Grandma Nola, a school teacher, wanted to write, and I was told she wrote plays for the church roadshows for the Mutual to perform when they traveled from ward to ward.  This was how they did it years ago when I was a kid. You younger kids wouldn't identify with it, but it was loads of fun. Now they come together at the Stake Center to perform.  Great Grandma Nola I would venture to guess is very happy for Richelle. 



Grandpa Lanny has written a book on his experiences in Vietnam mostly for his family although others have read it too. With the help of his mother's letters which she kept, he was able to recall his experiences in more detail and accuracy and write them down. He has a unique memory and remembers quite a bit in detail. It's amazing.   Richelle's uncle Curtis is a newspaper editor, did own his own newspaper at one time and may still do. And her other uncle Chad, as well as Curtis and Karen studied journalism in college. Uncle Chad was in work that involved some of the same skills, so I suspect the talent for writing runs on Lanny's side of the family. I would even suspect that Lanny's Scottish great grandfather did some writing. He wrote his autobiography which we are most grateful for. I think Richelle's siblings have a talent in the writing, poetry and artistic skills and we see this family talent coming out in some of the grandchildren. You may be an inspiration to the others who think they may like to write, if only for their own pleasure. (and grandma's if they would care to share).

Thanks to everyone who has had a part in Richelle's writing, those who read the books as she wrote them, (and one of them was yours truly) those who offered their advice in the grammatical accuracy of the books, and those who urged her on. I see a bright future for her in writing.  She has written several books but only one has been published at the present.
 The first person to arrive was a high school student from Moses Lake High who is also a writer. Then came a very good friend, Jackie Sweeney and her friends, and on and on they came. She had a good turn-out, can't be disappointed in the least, and her tall, handsome husband Larry was there for her throughout the day. He even put a little notice on Facebook inviting those interested to “come on down”.
A good friend of hers, Dawna Smith brought in the balloons. 

 This is a good way to end the month September.  Tomorrow begins another month, with it's possible rain showers and cooler weather temperatures.  

"Congratulations and I believe you had a spectacular day and your friends showed their love and support for you; and also their interest in your writing.  Some of them are waiting for the next book, some have already read the few books you have written and want more.  We are happy for you and know that your writing has been helpful to you and feel that you have many more books yet to write," love, Grandma.

Okay kids, anybody want to share a story on the family blog. Olivia wrote one that was really interesting several years ago but I would have to be really lucky to find it in my stash of grand kids' treasures. Elica wrote one also that was fitting for Halloween. Elica is very good in the art department too. I'd love to see some of her pictures. I have some from the past as well as some from the other kids that I enjoy looking at. I can't believe the talent we have in this family in the musical skills also. You kids should be very grateful for being able to enjoy such talents. This also includes academics and the sports as well. God has been good to us. We should be very grateful. Always remember that.
LOL Grandma and Grandpa
first dollar earned
bookshelf at Hastings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.