Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BRENT GILES' BIRTHDAY DECEMBER 15

Good morning America!  We all love stories, right?  Here is a little story about Brent.  I asked Stefanie to write a little something about how the two of them met.
Stefanie writes, "Brent and I met shortly after I returned home from my mission in Japan.  There was a single adult ward in Moses Lake that met every Sunday.  Brent had been attending for a while, when I showed up on the scene.  At that time, I didn't realize he was an identical twin so I would see him get around abnormally fast and wonder to myself didn't I just see you elsewhere?  Eventually, when I saw the two brothers together it made more sense.  As identical as their physical traits are their personalities are night and day.  I enjoyed Brent's humor and thought it would be fun to get to know him better.  The rumor was, though, he was involved with someone else so I didn't pursue it.  Little did I know, he was feeling the same way and the rumor was not true.  Weeks later, I received a phone call.  It was Brent!  He asked me what I was doing on Friday.  With composure, I responded that I didn't have any plans.  To my disappointment, he proceeded to ask me out for a friend of his who didn't have the courage to do it on his own.  As a good sport, I agreed and enjoyed myself on a group date that was planned and prepared by the fellows.  It was a date with nature so to speak.  We started at the mouth of Lind Coulee where we canoed to a drop-off point.  From there, we hiked a small ways to an elevated hill that was laid out with carpet, tables and chairs!  These boys had out done themselves.  Dinner was delicious and the view better than any balcony scene.  On the way home, I sat with my date and chatted and Brent with his but we both had one ear on the other conversation as we learned later.  It was just a few days later, Brent asked me to join him at a Mariners game!  We went together and the rest is history!  Did the Mariners win?  Couldn't tell ya, I wasn't really watching the game." 


Married in the Seattle Temple September 13, 1996

FAMILY HOME EVENING

Olivia, Stefie, Brent, Lucy, Micah and Cumorah

All eyes to the left

Brent and Lucy, Lollipop, Lollipop, hummm Lolli, Lollipop

Our favorite hangout

Our yearly July 4 family backyard campout
at Grandpa and Gandma Starr's

Seth turns 8 years old and is baptized by Brent

September 1996, the beginning
Christmas relics
clockwise: Seth, Stefanie, Micah, Olivia, Liz, Cumorah, Brent,
Lucy and Liddell aren't in the picture

Giles' home
Somebody's birthday, I wonder who

Adams County Fair
Giles' family 9-2009

 Caleb Orson Giles joins the family 6-2011
                                                        Family hands holding Caleb
 

                                            Short video of helping hands=Giles helping with
                                               drive-way at Grandpa and Grandma Starr's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.