Thursday, January 5, 2012

Micah turned 13 December 30, 2011

Micah's birthday was the 30th of December.  He was born in 1998 and has reached the teen years.  For a few days he was as old as his sister Olivia, but not for long.  She will turn 14 the 21 of January.
Some of the activities that I know Micah likes are:  Football, soccer, basketball, chess, shooting laser guns, video games, and more competitive activities.  He loves to compete agains his cousins.  He likes Yugioh cards.  His favorite color was blue.
He has played football for several years now.  Here is a picture of him as an eight-year-old in his uniform, #33. 
I do have some pictures of him riding the bull at the Adams County Fair a few years ago.  Whether he enjoyed the ride or not I don't know.  Grandpa can be persuasive.  Looking back on some of the things I have received from Micah's mother, I see that Micah was in the Church's Friend magazine for an entry he had submitted.
He also won a Math Is Cool competition in Wenatchee and made the newspaper.  And I see as a kindergartner he won first place in a drawing contest.  For a five year old it was quite a sophisticated drawing. 
Micah and his brother got laser guns for Christmas this year which they have had fun playing with.   They quickly introduced them to Shogo their cousin when he arrived. 
Micah made a good Joseph in the family nativity for Christmas. 
Three cheers for Micah.
Luv, Grandma and Grandpa
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I received an e-mail from Stefanie telling me about Micah's birthday.  Here are the details: 

 Grandma,
Micah had an enjoyable thirteenth birthday.  He invited three friends, plus the family, to play capture the flag nerfstyle, at the church.  We divided into two teams and armed ourselves with swords, shields and guns.  Object of the game is to bring the flag back over the line without being captured.  Prisoners go hang out by the flag until they are freed by a teammate.  There are free walkbacks so no one can harrass the prisoner on the way back to their side.  Also, the prisoner can't stash the flag on their possession and win the game that way.  We played four or five rounds before cake and ice-cream were served.  The cake was an idea I stole from Pinterest, a website with shared ideas.  We called it a kit kat cake and it was a hit!  Picture to be enclosed.

Stefanie



Kit Kat Cake
Micah's present for his 13th birthday. He likes chess
 

Lucy, Cumorah, Liddell, Micah, Olivia, Liz, Seth
Hotel Get-away

Heads up
Micah, Liz, and Olivia

Liz tries underwater swimming

Micah in Friend

Micah Brent Giles
 
Micah in uniform at 8 years old
  
Give us a "M"

Grandpa challenges Micah to ride 2008

laser guns for Christmas 2011,
Micah and Liddell plan their attack


Ready or not, I'm coming to get cha.

Joseph and Mary journey to Bethlehem
Christmas day nativity 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.