Four days ago we begin a new month that of February 2012. There are a few family birthdays in February within the immediate family or the first three generations of grandparents whose birthdays are in February and they are: Henry Luke Starr, born February 1, 1892, in Sulphur Springs, Arkansas; Craig C Starr born February 4, 1965 in Tremonton, Utah; Joan Irene Smith Hamann born February 14, 1931, in Lindon, Utah; Hunter Alegna Jensen born February 22, 2008 in Utah; Angie Kristine Starr born February 24, 1976 in Moses Lake, Washington; and Gary Allen Starr, born February 28, 1971 in SLC, Utah.
We have already paid a tribute to Henry Starr on this blog which you may go to by clicking on his name when you first enter this blog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig C Starr was born on this day 47 years ago to Lanny H and Berneice Faye Pingle Starr.We have already paid a tribute to Henry Starr on this blog which you may go to by clicking on his name when you first enter this blog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Son "Craig Starr"
Craig would have been 47 years old this Saturday on 2/4/2012. It doesn’t seem that it has been that long since his passing. I didn’t get to be as big a part of his life as I would have liked. I was however privileged to know first hand that he loved me. I also was able to tell him how proud I was of him and that I loved him too. He gave me some very fine and beautiful grand kids.
His life was not always happy, and he had his problems in the growing up process of life, but he became what I call a silent "Hero" with those who were privileged to know him.
I stood at his graveside on the day of his burial. His early passing saddened me, but I was also extremely proud of the man he had become. He was a hero to many of those I met on that day. I’d worried how he might grow up when I had not been able to really be a father to him. On that day I knew my worries had been in vain. He had grown up to be a real man!
Happy Birthday Son. I miss you. Dad
Craig would have been 47 years old this Saturday on 2/4/2012. It doesn’t seem that it has been that long since his passing. I didn’t get to be as big a part of his life as I would have liked. I was however privileged to know first hand that he loved me. I also was able to tell him how proud I was of him and that I loved him too. He gave me some very fine and beautiful grand kids.
His life was not always happy, and he had his problems in the growing up process of life, but he became what I call a silent "Hero" with those who were privileged to know him.
I stood at his graveside on the day of his burial. His early passing saddened me, but I was also extremely proud of the man he had become. He was a hero to many of those I met on that day. I’d worried how he might grow up when I had not been able to really be a father to him. On that day I knew my worries had been in vain. He had grown up to be a real man!
Happy Birthday Son. I miss you. Dad
I met Lanny on a blind date in the summer of 1967 but it was a few weeks later that I met Lanny’s parents and Craig. Craig was a cute little 2-½ year old, who loved and enjoyed his Dad very much. One memory I have of him was he liked to stand on your toes as you danced around. He thought that was fun. In November (1967) Lanny was drafted and soon left for the Army to spend the next ten months in training. He returned home in December (1967) to get married, then again in September (1968) to prepare himself for his departure to Viet Nam. During this time Richelle was born. Lanny had a few weeks before he had to leave for Viet Nam so Craig’s mother gave permission for Craig to be with his Dad until that time. Most of the time the four of us were either at Carl and Nola’s home in Plymouth, or at my mother’s home or Carol and Frank’s home. It was very hard for us to say goodbye to Lanny and for him to say goodbye to his family never knowing if he would see them again. He left the good ol’ USA and didn’t return until Oct. 1969. Eventually we settled into a home in Sandy, Utah, and most of these pictures are taken there or at Plymouth.
It’s my opinion that Craig was probably much like his dad in that he was a very hard worker and was always helping people. He had mentioned helping his brothers out and commented; "isn’t that what life is all about?" Happy Birthday Craig even though we realize you are not here in person. I wonder how they celebrate birthdays in Heaven. Hmmmm I‘m sure they’ll give you a good one.
![]() |
| Hey look at me |
![]() |
| Aunt Karen and Craig in Plymouth |
![]() |
| Richelle and Craig |
![]() |
| Tricycle Days |

![]() |
| Rebecca, Gary, Richelle and Craig |
![]() |
| Craig, Lanny, Gary,Arlene, Richelle |
![]() |
| Grandpa Carl, Craig, and Grandma Nola |
![]() |
| Angela, Craig, Brian, Ryan and Zack |
| Craig, Ryan and Zack |
| Damian and Craig |
![]() |
| Brian, Barbara, Craig, Angela, Ryan and Zack |
![]() |
| Craig's posterity!! |
| Add caption |












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.