Although it is a few days past, I am posting some pictures and short videos of our Easter
celebration for you. I would like to express my
love for my family and the times
we have together. I'm grateful for
the resurrection of Jesus and that he made possible a way that we will see our loved ones again.
I think of Mom and Dad often, and my brothers Dennis
and Calvin and his wife Joan, and know
Lanny thinks often of his parents and his son Craig. It's comforting to know that we will see them again.
When I think of how I spent Easter
as a child it makes me smile and laugh. On several Easter weekends I
spent Saturdays with my friends hiking up the side of Baldy, sharing
our packed lunches, exploring, and coming across other kids who were hiking.
Sometimes we would see deer and some small reptiles or animals. Squeezed in
somewhere between these activities, we would color Easter eggs.
Roasting weiners was popular. First thing Sunday mornings we
searched for Easter baskets filled with munchies. That never got old,
even though we did. It's not so different now as far as the Easter
baskets and Easter egg hunts go. There are no nearby mountains in
Moses Lake like there are in Utah, so one improvises. Stefanie's
youngest girls love the garden and romp around in it, digging with
their little shovels and rearranging garden ornaments, including a rabbit, not exactly a Peter Cottontail, but a rabbit nevertheless.
We may have trudged up mountain sides, but they do pretty well getting in and out of places, around bushes and pine
trees. It's a little sparse now, but in a few months it will be plush with garden
plants.
Saturday Lanny and I spent the day
not doing a whole lot. Sunday I was going to go to Sacrament meeting
with Larry and Richelle, but didn't. It turned out they didn't go
either. They were in their car ready to go and noticed things were
amiss. Looking around they soon realized they had been robbed. The
shed was also broken into and tools stolen. So their Easter Sunday
was spent reporting the crime and getting over the shock of the
intrusion and loss of expensive tools. In the early afternoon they spent a few hours with us and the Giles before they left to pick up Philip, Alex and William from their week with their father. They did their Easter egg hunt and dinner Monday evening. Below are pictures of both hunts.
 |
| Lucy and Liz |
 |
| Cumorah marches forward |
 |
| Giles kids examine their loot |
 |
| Grandpa inspects Willy's stash |
 |
| Larry's surprise to Richelle |
 |
| searching |
 |
| Easter dinner prepared by Richelle, all that good stuff |
 |
| Willy sizes up the bucket |
The Hunt begins...............
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.