Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Who would have ever believed that an enchanted witch and a stalwart goblin could make a go of it in marriage?  Well, I'm here to testify that it is possible for two unlikelies to come together and successfully unite.  I, the beautiful good witch, and my husband, the benevolent goblin king, celebrated our eighth anniversary this past April 16th, 2012, with not a lot of bells and whistles but some very thoughtful gestures.
Larry took over as chaufeur for the boys on the Friday before our anniversary so that I could go to the movies with my girlfriend and see, 'Mirror Mirror'.  I have to say it was the sweetest gesture!  I had a lot of fun and feasted on theatre popcorn!  On Saturday night Larry and I went out to dinner; Chinese food.  (Monday night Alexander had a band concert.  He plays the electric guitar.)  But I did come home to a bouquet of pink roses after the rockin' concert!  Pink blooms....my favorite color!
I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning and detailing the inside of Larry's truck for him. He likes a clean vehicle, but boy oh boy, that truck was a dusty, dirty mess! It sparkles now!  On Monday, we exchanged humorous cards and kisses.  I know, I know........so nauseating it send shivers up your spine.       (Tee hee hee!)
Of course, it wouldn't be fair to go off without sharing our advise
on how to successfully keep a marriage together.  It takes respect, love, and commitment....
and most of all a seriously good sense of humor.
(Making faces behind the back of whoever's acting childish helps too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.