Friday, June 8, 2012

Recital in Othello 6-2-2012 (Olivia, Liz and Lucy Giles)


Saturday, June 2, 2012
Grandpa and I traveled to Othello to attend a recital that Olivia, Liz and Lucy Giles were dancing in. Olivia and Liz were clogging and Lucy was doing a ballet.   It's exciting to see them participate in dancing.  I do love to watch dance performances so was looking forward to this recital.
Richelle did a lot of dancing and teaching dance in her adolescent and teenage years, in fact she taught neighborhood kids plus her own two sisters and did her own choreography.  They were asked to perform in Warden at one of it's celebrations, and did some other performances elsewhere. Angie did gymnastics, floor routines and her own choreography.  It's fun to watch the talent flow on. Erika sings and dances also. 
I joined dance when I  was young, but didn't last too long.  I also joined with Richelle when she was a teenager as a mother-daughter thing, and lasted a few months.  However, I did participate in church dances as a teenager.  We performed at Gold'n Green Balls and Church Events in Salt Lake City which included performers from other states as well.
Videos were made of Lucy's ballet, Olivia and Liz' clogging and Madison's ballet.  Madison is Brent's twin Brian's daughter. They all were so fun to watch. And always there are little shows within a big show and we were not disappointed. With the tiny ballerinas we had a cute, spontaneous happening; for me to describe it would do it an injustice, but it dealt with the tiny performers, adjustments of a hat on one of them, and copycat behavior, etc.
I'm afraid my videos aren't really that good and the features of the girls' faces aren't very distinguishable, but you can see their movements and hear the music, and even that is fun to watch.  I did stop the video and zoomed in to take a close-up of Lucy which is cute. Wish I had done the same thing with Olivia and Liz.  Next time I will! And hopefully next time we will sit closer.
We will begin with Lucy's. She and her classmates danced to “Bumble Bee Tap” Her classmates were Chloe, Annahl, Allie, Lilly, Lileth, Rain, Rylinn, and Rhilee. Here's Lucy:
LUCY GILES



Olivia and Liz and others clogged to "Hold Your Horses."  That got the audience clapping to the rhythm.  The second dance they did was "Real in Rio."  Their classmates were Brooklyn, Georgia, Grace, Maya, and Morgan.
"Hold Your Horses"  Liz and Olivia

The following video is of a combined ballet Madison Giles is in.  She and her classmates are in turquoise color outfits.  They are dancing with the older girls who are in pink to "Sleeping Beauty: The Spell."  Madison is on the right.

You can check out some more family talent by going to goodwitchandgoodrich.blogspot.com and watching Philip perform with the High School Band, and William sing at a talent show at North Elementary.  Also I understand that Shogo and a friend did a musical number at a talent show in CheneyMiddle School,  and Elica and her High School Group traveled to Disney Land to performed.  We are anxious to see pictures of their performances. Hint.
While we are talking about talent, let me tell you about Grandma Starr's grandpa, Alexander Baird and his theatrical group, but that will have to be at another time.
Love you all, Grandma and Grandpa Starr




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.