Sunday, May 13, 2012

Elizabeth (Liz) celebrates her 12th birthday today, April 12, 2012



       Today is Elizabeth Giles' birthday. She is twelve years old, old enough to attend Mutual or
Young Womens with her older sister Olivia.  She is young enough to see the world from the eyes of a child yet old enough to venture into young womanhood. It's an exciting time and challenging time for a young lady. I had the the opportunity to teach the Beehives for a few years and found them very creative, curious, full of talk, giggly, eager to do things, and even very tender-hearted.  I know Liz will do just fine as she embraces her "new beginnings." 
If I had to compare Liz to an animal or creature, I would compare her to a "butterfly."She flits and she flutters and if she could, I believe she would sprout wings and fly. In fact I wrote a little story with her in it for Hunter and Lucy, but never did send it, because writing is not my expertise.
Liz has many talents, one is art. I have added a few of her pictures. One I particularly loved was a picture of a Donkey and it said “I'm as stubborn as a Rock.” I laughed whenever I passed
the refrigerator. Loved that donkey. 

She also likes to sing and does it very well. Below is a video of her solo in a school program last year.
And she use to love to wear hats, all sorts of hats and looked cute in them. I have her in a Fireman's hat but that was not the hat I was thinking about. The hats I've seen her in are more feminine.
Lizzy, we love you, you are a special young lady. I enjoy the happiness and playfulness that bubbles up in your soul and springs forth like a ray of sunshine.
Enjoy your 12th birthday. There are special birthdays in one's life and the 12th is one of them.

The following is an e-mail from Liz's mom,
Stefanie:
Dear Mom,Here is a picture of Lizzy's cake. The theme is Princess and the pea. We planted a single green M&M in one of the layers. Whoever is lucky enough to find it will win a prize! A whole bag of "peas!"Love,Mom (Stefanie) Seth won the the bag of peas which was green M&M's. check for the pic later. technically difficulties!


At 2:00 this afternoon Grandpa and I met the Giles' family at the Bowling Alley on Stratford Road. They have an arcade where they sponsor birthday parties, kind of like Chucky Cheese in the bigger cities. Richelle also was able to be there. We ate pizza, drank soda pop, and watched as the kids collected tickets as they played arcade games. Get 1,000 tickets and you can turn them in for a prize. Liz had a friend with her, as well as her eight siblings and parents. I also have a video below of the party.
We hope you had a lovely time. Once again Happy Birthday to a delightful young granddaughter.
Love you, Grandma and Grandpa Starr

watch how the tickets disappear
and Cumorah about to pour her own water





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.