Saturday, May 12, 2012

To My Mom on Mother's Day

God could not be everywhere.....
.......and therefore he made mothers.


My mom before she met me.
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. 
She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never. 
A mother is something absolutely new.


And then we met!  Me and my mom.


A mother holds her children's hands for a short while.....
......but their heart forever.

And there were additions...
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice....
....once for herself
...and once for her child.


And more additions.

You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his mother every time around.....
.....and why his mother will always wave back. 

I get it now, mom.

My wonderful mother!
Happy Mother's Day to the sweetest, kindest, prettiest, most patient, giving, kind-hearted, unselfish, positive, talented, thoughtful, supportive, encouraging, sacrificing, angel of a mother in existence.

I love you, Mom.









1 comment:

  1. I was sitting here typing Liz's birthday post and up pops this post. Made me jump. I haven't seen these pictures for a while. You should have seen me with bright red hair while in high school. That was an accident, but I still had to go that day and give a report in class. That took fortitute. Thanks for the sentiments Richelle, I'm touched. I feel fortunate to have my family, including Hiromi, Brent and Larry. You all are awesome. Love ya. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.