Happy Birthday Liddell. You've hit another milestone in your life, that of being twelve years old. Course it doesn't mean that you get to drive yet or vote, (oh shucks) but it is a special year for you.
It appears to us that you have been very interested in sports throughout the years and have had a determination to play despite how difficult it may have been at times. I remember the description you wrote about the first soccer game you played and how worried you were about being hit on the head. And sure enough you were hit on the head several times, but you didn't give up. (you learned what to do in those situations, right.)
It is no longer soccer but now football that is your game, I see. If you count the times you've played football with your dad and brothers, you have accumulated many hours of practice time. Your description of this season is on a happier note than the description you wrote of the struggling little boy who persevered through his first soccer game. You have become a hero among your football team members and have earned the MVP award. Terrific job. Congratulations. You will always be a hero to Grandma and Grandpa Starr.
Here is Liddell's brief description of his season in football in 2013:
"My football year was very fun. There was a lot of close games. I was the quarter back and was on the Panthers. I used to be on the Mustangs but there wasn't enough players so they took out the Mustang team. Our record was 0-8-2. We didn't win any, we lost 8 and we tied twice. Our closest games were against the Mattawa where we tied 8-8 and then we tied Connell 0-0. And last we lost to the Royal Black 8-13. When we played Royal Black it was the last play and we had it on the 10 yard line. If we scored we won. I said hike and I almost got sacked but I tossed it to Elijah. Elijah scored but the Ref said I was down before I tossed it so we lost. The thing I was the most afraid of was getting sacked because our line was beginners so they couldn't block
the big guys but I still had a fun season."
Aunt Angie, Liddell's aunt, dedicated a little poem to Liddell:
Liddell Is Swell
He plays football like a pro,
He pretends that someone's chasing him
And runs back to and fro.
Even though sometimes he has to play on his own,
You can hear the roar of the crowd all along.
Uno, dos, treis,
"Bring it on," he will say,
When troubles stare him in the face,
He chases them away.
Then you see him helping everyone,
With the same quality of a star,
And that is how in his life,
We know that he'll go far.
Uno, does, treis, Happy Birthday Liddell!

| Micah, Olivia, Stefanie, and baby Liddell |

![]() |
| Happy Birthday Liddell Love, Grandpa and Grandma Starr |


.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.